Thursday, December 30, 2004

Holiday 1 down 1 to go.

I just love the gift cards, and the ability to spend the cards on what I want, and not having to return thing I don't like. I guess everyone liked it as well, because I stood in line for almost an hour getting things after Christmas.

Still searching for a DMR, and I think I am getting closer to a buying one. I think I may give up on the ones that work with Windows Media Connect though, because it looks like this program was an after thought for people that can't use a Windows Media Center PC. I also found out that my current Video card can do Picture in Picture, or dual video tuning with a second TV tuner card from the same company. I can't wait to go back and get a second TV card. I am guessing that won't happen until next year. Even though the store is just less than a mile down the road.

Most of this week was spent reading news groups and finding out what works and what doesn't. Seems like anything Microsoft has a hand in doesn't work more than it does. I don't seem to see many problems with devices that don't use Microsoft for its media serving.

With all of the wonderful viruses going around the internet I spent my time off updating my web server software and anything releating to PHP. I really like PHP, but just don't have the time or ability to keep checking the boards of each product every day for new updates. It figures though that the week after I updated my website a program update was released for a product that I had used. I guess I will be more up to date now, they have an email update news letter now to update current users of their software if you want it.

Model RailRoad used to be a little hobby of mine. Now this was the first year I didn't have a working train, so my loving wife got me a new engine for Christmas, and now I take up the entire dinning room with the train set. Maybe someday I will get an entire room to setup a train set, town and more trains. I also found out that a place near here will fix my old broken engines. They are there now and I hope to find out if and what it will cost to get them fixed. My one engine only cost $18 new when I got it before. Now new engines can't be picked up for less than $70. Either people aren't into the trains like they used to be or inflation went through the roof since I was 13 years old. Oh well I bring home more than a dollar a week so I am sure I can afford what ever the price will be to get my engine back.

No comments: