Thursday, March 03, 2005

Netscape 8 Beta

Well I just downloaded Netscape 8 and it handles the MSN home page just like IE does. Maybe we can finally have a web browser that is a complete standard between IE and Firefox/Mozilla/Netscape. More testing in the coming weeks. I can't wait to see how this one works out.

Tabbed browsing at its finest. This version has popup blocker just like 7.2 did with added feature to make the new popup open in a new tab verses opening a new window. You can now pick if you want to use the IE engine or Firefox engine.

Managing my web email accounts have never been better with the new Netscape 8. I can now login to all of the following email accounts with a click of a button on the tool bar: Gmail, Netscape Mail, Hotmail, Yahoo, Mail.com, Lycos, Excite, and AOL Mail. There is even a place to enter other email accounts as well.

Yes I am using the Netscape 8 to write this blog as well. I hope everyone that reads this download the new browser. I can't wait to see what kinds of extensions, and themes end up becoming available for this version of Netscape. http://www.netscape.com/download

No comments: